[mythtv-users] MythTV lockups

Andy Cedilnik me at andy.cx
Sun Apr 17 01:17:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have new system setup with mythtv. I used several sources to set
things up, but eventually I summarized the whole thing here:

http://x0.org/mwk/index.php/MythTV

Anyway, things work. Or so they seem. The problem is that after watching
recoding for 20 minutes or so, the screen locks. I can exit and that
works and I can start playing again and that works. Now, after 20
minutes or so, thing will lock again. I can exit and start and so on,
but after couple of iterations, things will lock and not respond any
more. Restarting frontend does not work. The only thing that works is to
restart backend.

The frontend will scream:

Waited too long for decoder to pause

So, any idea?