[mythtv-users] rpms for 0.18 and CVS rpms (was: 0.18's available)

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 23:21:37 UTC 2005

Isaac,

Yes mate, I did. I read them all and try to understand them. I don't know
the code at all, so its awkward but few if any of the commits referenced bug
numbers so I had no idea they were in relation to bug fixes.

Honestly dude, I don't want my comments to be taken as negativity or
anything. I love myth, I respect yours and the devs work very, very much and
I thank you for it.

I was merely expressing my concerns and by the sounds of it, I don't need to
be concerned.

Cheers,
Dave

On 4/17/05, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

> On Saturday 16 April 2005 03:59 am, David Whyte wrote:
> > My major concern from watching the commits list was the flurry of
> activity
> > the week or two running up to the release. It seems to happen everytime
> and
> > while I don't want to dis the devs and contributers, it does make it a
> > little dangerous to upgrade to the latest release as soon as it is
> > released.
> >
> > Perhaps a better apporach would be to have 'code-freezes' that occur a
> week
> > or two prior to an expected release, and then only fixes to the current
> > release are commited, no new features. Perhaps with the branching of the
> > source each release, this isn't so necassary, its just I wonder how
> stable
> > *everything* is.
> >
> > As I said, the devs do a great job, I just don't want to lose any of the
> > great MythTV functionality for the whole period between a release.
>
> Did you bother looking at what the 'flurry of commits' were at all?
> Nothing
> went in that was not a bugfix or an extremely minor change for at least a
> week.
>
> Isaac

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.