[mythtv-users] more install issues

Cyber Source peter at cybersource.us
Sat Apr 16 22:43:17 UTC 2005

Hello All,
  I have managed to get MythTV installed (had that qt problem where you
need to hold the ctrl key down when hitting enter through the setup). I
can go through all the menu and even capture TV from command line as
suggested on Wilsonet's site however when I try to watch tv (using
PVR-350) I get many many terminal responses saying "Using protocol
version 14" (0.17 Mythtv installed) and it says "LiveTV not successfully
started" and "Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV" and then "Changing
from None to None" then back to many terminal responses with the
protocol messages again.
  I have setup MythTV many times in the past with older versions and
with AverTV cards, this is my first time using the PVR-350 and version
0.17. I believe I have it all setup right, channels, tuner, etc.
  Any clues as to what's going on?
p.s. I have the ivtv stuff as suggested on Wilson's site but the ivtv
module never gets loaded on boot, does this need to or is it loaded when
Myth fires up??
TIA
--
cybersource.us