[mythtv-users] 0.18, plugins and Gentoo

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 16 08:19:32 UTC 2005

Jens Baumeister wrote:

>I noticed that with 0.18 there is a mythplugins package containing all
>the formerly separate plugins. How will the 0.18 ebuild solve this?

If you read the release notes, you will note that there is the ability
to only compile some of the plugins.  If the ebuild maintainers do their
job correctly, the same packages will remain, however they will call the
configure script differently in order to only compile the plugin for the
relevant ebuild.

Disclaimer:  I'm not the ebuild maintainer... anything I say is pure
speculation.