[mythtv-users] Re: 6200ch in rpm?

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 06:45:52 UTC 2005

Andy Alsup wrote:

>If anyone else is slow like me...  you need the libavc1394-devel rpm
>from atrpms to compile this.

I sent this to Jarod a couple of days ago.  I think it is accurate, at
least before the .18 release.  It may help some people, but if it is
wrong, it's my fault.

The bit about compiling 6200ch starts with [Sentence "At the moment,
you'll have to compile it manually (directions are included w/the
source)." ]

And no, I still haven't had time to expand on the LCDproc bit.

Jeff.

- - -

Found a few things that may need fixing/adding:

Kernel choices:
- - -
The "# apt-get install kernel=2.6.10-1.770_FC3" seems to try to get an
older kernel than the one that comes in automatically with the "apt-get
dist-upgrade" done previously.  I believe it gets just 770, whereas the
dist-upgrade gets 770_14.
- - -

Testing firewire capture:
- - -
Change: $ mplayer -vo xv testcapt.ts
To: $ mplayer -vo xv testcap.ts
(remove typo'd 't')

Sentence "At the moment, you'll have to compile it manually (directions
are included w/the source)." probably needs to be expanded a bit, as the
instructions provided there are still not enough.  There are
source/headers that need to be downloaded before even those will work.
These worked for me (sorry, this is from memory, so it may still be wrong):

apt-get install libavc1394-devel
apt-get install libraw1394-devel

After that, the compile instructions from the README will work.
- - -

Get and install lirc:
- - -
Propose adding another section, "Using an IRMan receiver"

The IRMan, while a serial receiver, doesn't work the same way as the
homebrew serial receivers.  I don't know a "proper" way to use this
device in FC3.  IRMan uses a different command line to run, and I have
been modifying the /etc/init.d/lircd file to remove the LIRCD_OPTIONS
line and replace it with --driver=irman --device=/dev/ttyS0 (or S1,
etc.).  I think the char-major for a serial port is 4, but I don't think
that is what is needed in modprobe.conf.  I could be wrong, though.

I don't believe the IRMan has any problems loading too late like the
other lirc devices, either.
- - -

Also, a section on downloading and installing LCDproc would be quite
helpful.  Unfortunately, it is after 2am, so I will not be working on
this tonight.  I'll try to get something put together some time this
week and send it, if you think it is useful.

Hope these help.

Jeff.