[mythtv-users] Can't start mythfrontend due to missing theme

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 06:33:28 UTC 2005

On 4/16/05, Sasha Z <kleptophobiac at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've installed the mythtv themes tarball, and confirm that all the
> themes exist in /usr/share/mythtv/themes. I have:
>
> G.A.N.T.  Minimalist-wide  Titivillus-OSD  blueosd  default     oldosd
> Iulius    Titivillus       blue            classic  defaultosd
>
> Yet, when I try to start mythfrontend, I get this:
> Could not find theme: Iulius
> Couldn't find theme Iulius
>
> What's wrong? How can I change the theme back to blue from mysql?

Did you install mythtv from rpm or from the source (tarball/cvs)?  If
you installed from a tarball or latest cvs then chances are that myth
is looking in /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes for theme info and it's
not finding anything.  Try making a symlink from /usr/share/mythtv to
/usr/local/share/mythtv (or just copying all the files over to
/usr/local/share/mythtv) and see if that doesn't fix things up for
you.

Brad