[mythtv-users] nuvexport to DVD distorts aspect ratio

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Apr 16 00:16:58 UTC 2005

I'm trying to export some DVB recordings to DVD. The recordings are all
16:9. nuvexport says that they are 16:9 when I select them in the menu.

However, MOST of the resulting MPG files play as 4:3 in Windows Media
Player and in WinDVD. Of five shows I exported, one came out correctly.

I'm not sure what the cause is. Is there a flag somewhere in the MPG
stream which is not being set correctly? Can it be patched later?

I'm using nuvexport from CVS.

thanks
Hamish