[mythtv-users] Recording New Battlestar series

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Fri Apr 15 21:16:54 UTC 2005

James L. Paul wrote:
> Brad Templeton wrote:
>> As I noted when I gave the same answer, this series started in late 2004,
>> so you will want to use an earlier date, or use the seriesid query.
>
> Perhaps it's just my location, but I use(d) timeslot recording to record
> all the episodes of the new BSG series and ignore episodes of the
> original series. Why isn't simply recording "Battlestar Galactica" in
> the same timeslot every week an option? It works for me.

That keeps conflict resolution from working if there's something else on at the
same time that you might also want.  If SciFi changes the schedule, a show
that's scheduled by timeslot won't keep up.

Recording shows by timeslot is old and busted.  It's what you would've used on
your VCR.  PVRs such as MythTV are smarter than that; recording shows by title
is the new hotness.  (Since Zap2it is providing unique series IDs for the
original and new Battlestar Galactica, perhaps MythTV should be using that
instead of the title text.  IIRC, TiVo can tell the two series apart.)

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter