[mythtv-users] EPG while playing recording & default channel

Dan skyhigh at rldb.net
Fri Apr 15 19:23:26 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,
    Brand new user of Mythtv here, what an app!  I've got a couple
questions.  I'm moving from a replaytv and there are a couple of things
that I liked about the replay that I am not finding with mythtv that I
think maybe I am missing.  First, while watching a recording I liked to
be able to hit the guide button and still have the recording play.  It
would be awesome if the program guide could come up like it does while
watching live tv.  Then I could setup new recordings while watching
something or switch to a live tv channel right there.  I would also find
myself bringing up this screen on my replay to check the time, or to see
what was currently recording.  The guide would default to the last
channel it was on, or that channel it is currently recording.  I would
also like to see this.

    So, does anyone know if these functions exist?  If not, perhaps they
could be considered for future releases.  I know about the jump points,
and set one up to the Program guide, but that really interupts the
viewing, and its not easy to go right back to the recording you were
watching.

Thanks for listening,

skyhigh