[mythtv-users] PVR500 in a Pundit?

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:02:56 UTC 2005

On 4/13/05, Niklas Brunlid <nbr at ticalc.org> wrote:
> As I'm probably about to replace the PVR250 in my Pundit I have to decide
> between a new 250, a 150 (or 150MCE or 150LP), or a 500. Has anyone used a
> 500 in a Pundit (old or new)? Is it a tight fit? The 250 fits but there is
> less than 1mm between the edge of the card and the metal case...

I've got a pundit-r with a pvr-350 and pvr-500mce installed.  Tight
fit- need to use dremel tool to modify the cone on the processor fan
in order to accommodate the 500.  Used a layer of duct tape on inside
of case to prevent direct contact of either card to metal on inside of
case.  The 350 has to be on the lower slot, the 500 on the top.  The
500 would hit the processor heatsink otherwise. There is no way to try
the cards on different slots to try to get around interrupt issues-
this is the only way they'll go in.  The 500 still doesn't
work-(driver issues I think).  So, in my opinion, they fit- but
barely...  Whether or not the two will work together in this box is a
different question...