[mythtv-users] 0.18's available

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Fri Apr 15 17:12:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 12:55:17PM -0400, Nate Thompson wrote:
> According to atrpms.net, it is still .17. I'm sure it'll be updated soon.

While Jarrod has volunteered bravely to be a release engineer after this,
I think a wise policy would be to _not_ make the rpms available soon.
(though the "bleeding from CVS" rpm should be made available right away.)

Mythtv releases have a flurry of last-minute check-ins, many of which
are fixes but not, as in many other projects, all of them.  The releases are
more a checkpoint and a goal -- get in your patches now!

It might very well be a prudent policy to have as many people run the
cvs or rpm-from-cvs versions at this point, and then build the stable
rpm a week later after all those first-line folks have tried it.