[mythtv-users] XvMC on a nVidia MX440

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Fri Apr 15 14:47:44 UTC 2005

Thomas Börkel wrote:
> HI!
>
> Will Dormann wrote:
>
>> But if your system is working with XV, *why* are you looking to switch
>> to XvMC?
>

> Didn't someone (you?) say, that bob deint looks better with XVMC?

With MythTV 0.16, absolutely.  Bob deint appeared to be broken with this
version and XV.

But I have since said that XV looks just as nice with the latest CVS
versions.   I'm currently running a CVS from April 11 with the XV-XVMC
Merge v7 patch, but I will soon find out if a stock 0.18 version appears
the same.

With MythTV as it currently is, I no longer see the advantage to XvMC,
as long as your CPU can handle decoding without it.

-WD