[mythtv-users] nuvexport cut only with synch problem

emory emory.commerce at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 23:40:45 UTC 2005

I have the same problem with mpeg2mpeg on nuvexport when trying to cut
commercials out of .nuv files recorded off of a PVR250. The audio just
isn't synched properly.  I don't have an answer, but here are some
leads I've been trying to follow:

 When I look at the command-line output when the file is being
processed with avidemux, it says something like: "AV offset 33 frames"
but I've heard there is a bug in nuvexport somewhere that only gives
half the proper AV offset.  When I load the .nuv file manually with
avidemux, the offset ends up being 66 frames.   I don't know if this
is really the problem, but I can't even figure out (1) why any offset
is needed, and (2) where you can manually configure the offset.

 there was a recent post that had a plausible explanation why
exported/cut .nuv files coming from PVR250's had sync problems (having
to do with compensating for dropped frames), but that doesn't really
solve any problems.

 If anyone does have a solution, I'd love to hear it.

 - emory