[mythtv-users] Interlaced vs. noninterlaced: getting perfect output smoothness

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:59:47 UTC 2005

Yeah, I've tried using xvidtune, but since it couldn't control the
clocks, it was rather useless. The positioning of the screen is
superb. I'm using one of the NTSC modelines floating around on a
javascript calculator page, and have been adjusting the dot clock to
try and get the refresh just right. I'm constantly getting closer and
closer, but never seem to be able to hit the magic number.

I'm assuming that getting an HDTV with a digital progressive input
would make this job oodles easier, no?