[mythtv-users] Volume setting has no effect

Sim simon.hampton at freebel.net
Thu Apr 14 20:16:08 UTC 2005

On Sunday 30 Jan 2005 18:16, Didde Brockman wrote:
> I'm _this_ close to having completed my system. Remote et al are now
> perfectly setup, but one (tiny) problem remains. When in MythTV
> watching live TV, changing the volume does nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I have something similar with a Leadtek Win2000 Deluxe.  The sound comes off
the TV-card inside the computer and is connected via the audio cable that
would normally plug into the CD to the motherboard.

So when I use KDETV I have to use the CD mixer in KMix to change the volume.
Within mythtv [ and ]  do not work although turning the volume down to zero
or m (mute) do work.

A related issue is that KsCD does not work because it seems to expect the
sound to come over the internal cable .  Fortunately other apps don't seem to
be so fussy - e.g. kaffeine

Any advice would be great

Simon