[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 for standard broadcast also?

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 16:02:46 UTC 2005

Alan Hagge wrote:

> Also, I hadn't heard of any plans to do digital audio capture on the
> NTSC side. I'm not sure it's possible, since there's no hardware
> MPEG-2 encoder on the NTSC side (actually, there isn't one period,
> it's just that ATSC is already MPEG-2 encoded by the broadcaster).

I meant analog audio capture for NTSC:

*Analog Audio Capture

*The CX2388x captures and decodes all major terrestrial broadcast audio
standards.
The CX2388x digitizes and oversamples the low Intermediate Frequency
(IF) signal
from a Television (TV) tuner, and extracts and decodes the broadcast
audio signal.
The decoded audio is sample rate converted to a 48 kHz Pulse Code
Modulation
(PCM) stereo signal to simplify processing and interfacing. This 48 kHz
stream can
be routed to the built-in +85 dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) stereo
audio Digital-to-
Analog Converters (DACs) for connection to the PC’s sound card or
headphones, to an
external digital-audio interface, or to the PCI bus and host for direct
capture by a
software audio codec.
If capture of line-level stereo audio signals is required, an
inexpensive audio Analog-to-
Digital Converter (ADC) can be directly connected to the CX2388x’s I2S
input port
and controlled via the serial bus master.