[mythtv-users] gave up on the Epia

Matt Sullivan matthew.sullivan at ucd.ie
Thu Apr 14 12:52:56 UTC 2005

I have an M10000 setup with a PVR 350 card. I recently rebuilt it using
the 0.20 ivtv drivers, 2.6.10 kernel and 0.17 MythTV. Everything got
compiled from scrach using Gentoo, and has the unichrome and XvMC
drivers installed. I have only one, really annoying, problem with it.
Whenever a recording starts or finishes, if I am watching a recording
(or even something with MPlayer) at the time, the entire box locks up.
Happened a couple of times too when copying files and recording
starts/stops. It means I have to time when I watch things on the box
very carefully.