[mythtv-users] Digital Audio out with Via chipset

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:46:58 UTC 2005

When I initially set mine up (same mobo/chipset) I had quite the
googling experience.  I remember reading several pages on different
lists and websites that said that you can't adjust the volume level on
those digital coax jacks, that it's a set audio stream level.  I
assume it's a limitation of our specific card, not of all cards with
that functionality.  And as other's on the list have noted, I solved
it by running it into my A/V reciever and adjusting that 'knob' volume
(that, as other's noted did seem a bit low) level, not the mixer's
volume level.

Not exactly helpful, but maybe enough to give you an answer.

Good Luck!  And if you find something different, please post it!

Chad