[mythtv-users] Storage space and PVR-250

Derek Tattersall tatters at newsguy.com
Thu Apr 14 03:00:59 UTC 2005

I appreciate the help I've been getting here. I am a complete newby to
the world of computer video.

I just noticed that when mythtv records the program from my PVR-250 the
resulting nuv file is of a reasonable size (about 1Gb per hour of
video). After the program is finished, mythtv transcodes that file into
something that is hideously large, about 27Gb per hour of video, still
called a nuv file. What formats are these files?

What option controls this, and how do I disable it?

I just went through the front and back end setup menus and I didn't see
anything that looks likely. I am obviously missing something, but what?

Thanks

Derek Tattersall