[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 for standard broadcast also?

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 01:37:03 UTC 2005

John Friesen wrote:

>Basically, at this point I don't have HDTV (signal or TV), and am wondering if I can use one of these as my only tuner, or if I need a specifically SDTV tuner as well.

Yes.  The HD3000 supports standard NTSC in addition to HDTV ATSC.  I use
it with tvtime for such but I still can't get it to work with MythTV.
That may change for the better with kernel 2.6.12 in the next month.
Also, with standard NTSC, the cx88 driver doesn't yet support digital
audio capture nor closed captioning.  I sincerely hope the driver
developers figure out how to implement these soon.