[mythtv-users] Storage space and PVR-250

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 23:21:40 UTC 2005

> As for the wireless, from everything that I've read it sounds like you
> really don't want to use anything less than 802.11g.

So, I tried this last night from a linux laptop with 802.11g and found
it too choppy for LiveTV (could have been sub-optimal signal
strength/speed at my end...)

I record everything at 720X480 at a rate that equates to just over 2gb/hr.

I did some quick fiddling around and found that my transcoded shows
*almost* played perfectly, and I could get seamless playback by
time-stretching down to about 85%, so I expect that you could change
your recording settings to make them more wireless friendly. What
settings would you need to get it working at 802.11b speeds?

... and it's not a speed demon laptop and doesn't have very fancy
accelerated graphics (does support XV tho.)

Anyone else have datapoints for wireless frontends?

-Ross