[mythtv-users] Hardware MPEG2 Tuner Comparison

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Wed Apr 13 22:02:59 UTC 2005

Matt Grommes wrote:
> The Tech Report just did a comparison of the PVR-150, ATI's TV Wonder
> Elite, and the eVGA NVTV. The 150 came in last in picture and the eVGA
> card came in first in picture quality. Does that card work in Linux?
> Both my Windows MCE w/PVR-150 using friend and I (MythTV with PVR-250)
> have been pretty disappointed in the image quality of our boxes so if I
> can switch cards and get a better picture, I'd love to do so.
>
> http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q2/tuner-comparo/index.x?pg=1

The only quality tests are taking the video signal from an XBox, putting
it through a RF modulator, then demodulating it using the tuner?

What's wrong with in addition just connecting a normal SVideo cable
between a DVD player and the input on the card? Couldn't get the cables?

"The adaptive comb filter can choose between 2D and 3D filters depending
on which is ideal given the source content. However, the comb filter can
only be used for composite and coaxial video input, not S-Video"

Okay... Someone needs to explain to these guys how video works. They
seem to be saying it's a shame the comb filter doesn't work on SVideo.

Sheesh.

Cheers,

Allan.