[mythtv-users] Podcasting Idea

Steve Frank steve.frank at bevcore.com
Wed Apr 13 21:29:36 UTC 2005

Ross Campbell wrote:
>>> What I was thinking is that you
>>> could use myth to record a local fm station broadcast, then skip the
>>> commercials before loading it into an ipod. (Maybe Chris Pinkham's
>>> code has an audio component?).  One of the stations I listen to has
>>> literally, 10 minutes of programing and 5 minutes of commercials for
>>> each 15 minute block.
>
> well, MythFM doesn't AFAIK take advantage of any of the MythTV backed
> to schedule or record audio, and I don't think "commercial detection"
> on an audio stream would be straightforward at all.
>
> ... but how many of us find ourselves wishing we could rewind "live
> radio" in the car? ;)

Rewind radio?  Not me, but as a spoiled MythTV user, I hate commercials.
Some existing podcasts are full of ads because they are technically
rebroadcasts of a streaming show (worst offender: Inside Mac Radio with
the SAME ads every week for the Army, ipodderX, Dr. Mac, etc...).   More
successful podcasts are now starting to do ads occasionally.  Short of
editing this with an audio editor like Audacity, these are a pain to get
around.  None of this is a Myth issue, though, so it's wayyyy off topic.