[mythtv-users] Stupid question about MythDVD and ripping

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:31:57 UTC 2005

[snip]
> Directory it was trying to rip to didn't exist.  Next question - do I
> have to do anything special to get the IMDB functionality working?

Probably not, unless you consider network setup to be special. You
should have a working net connection on your box to fill your mythtv
database...

For me, the IMDB functionality was not very intuitive. You'll need to
go into Setup, in the Mythvideo area IIRC, select the movies that
you've ripped, and then press OK or maybe spacebar on the keyboard to
bring up a menu. From that menu you can search for the movie in IMDB.
Sometimes they are not found, and you'll need to enter the IMDB number
manually. For this I just ALT-TAB to a browser, go to imdb.com, search
for my movie, and grab the number from the end of the address field.

I'm not sure where the perl scripts are that grab the IMDB data, if
you search the docs or the list archives you should find it fairly
quickly. If you run into issues, I would first check to be sure that
the paths to the scripts are setup correctly. They worked for me with
the default paths.

-- Garry