[mythtv-users] automatic transcode messes up time index

Norman Lyon yourdog at poboxes.com
Wed Apr 13 05:28:46 UTC 2005

Has anyone seen a problem where the auto-transcode (or possibly the manual
transcode) messes up the time index for the recorded programs?  I can playback
just fine, but if I try to move forward 30 seconds, I may see a 40+ minute
forward.....  skipping to the end of the commercial is sometimes worse.

I'm recording rtjpeg (from a BT878 card), detecting commercials, and
auto-transcoding to mpeg4 right now.  If I try to watch a program after it's
been comercial flagged but before the transcode's done, no problem.  It's only
a problem after the transcode has completed.

Thanks,
Norman