[mythtv-users] No TV sound (which module?)

Colin Smillie csmillie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:06:09 UTC 2005

On Apr 12, 2005 11:43 AM, myth at undergroundcandy.com
<myth at undergroundcandy.com> wrote:
> Last night I typed "modprobe capacity" and I suddenly got sound (only on
> the left channel though). Is this the right module to load? Are all the
> necessary modules loaded (check my modprobe.conf file below).
> If not, what do I add to my modprobe file?

I think you should provide more details on your sound card.  Also are you
running alsaconf?  What is it detecting your sound card as?

I have an Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller
and my modprobe is basically:

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.7 ---
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Hope that helps.

Colin