[mythtv-users] Sync problems with nuvexport

Rex Wheeler rex at fuzzy.com
Tue Apr 12 05:20:03 UTC 2005

I have a MythTv box (.17) that I am trying to export recordings from. My
capture card is a PVR-150 so my .NUV files are RJPG based.

I am trying to export recordings so I can archive them to DVD. I can get
nuvexport to run and generate the export, but when I do so, the audio
ends up being slightly out of sync. It doesn't seem to matter if I
enable cut lists or not, or if I operate on files that have been
transcoded or not. (Most of my files have not been transcoded.)

I have recorded files back to October 2003 through current. (And have
used versions of MythTv that correspond back that far.) The problem is
consistent for all my files.

The amount that the sync is off is not consistent within the exported
file. I have tried altering the nuvexport scripts and manually adjusting
the delay when the video and audio are put back together, but since the
audio sync seems to drift, this doesn't work.

The MythTv native interface plays the files just fine.

I have noticed that there is a utility nuv2avi that is supposed to deal
with the sync issues better, but it doesn't handle RJPG files yet.

Short of hooking another PVR or DVD recorder to the output of my MythTv
box, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my RJPG based
NUV files exported to something I can burn on a DVD with correct audio
sync?

I would be happy if someone could definitively tell me that:

1) Yeah, its broke, you are going to have to wait for nuv2avi; go buy a
DVR and record the output of your Myth box; or write the code yourself.

Or

2) I have your configuration and I had the same problem and I got it to
work by...

Or

3) I have your configuration and it really just does work for me. You
have something screwy with your setup.

But not

4) That ought to work...

Thanks,