[mythtv-users] Lirc Mythtv and hauppauge pvr-250 on FC3

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 03:43:39 UTC 2005

Works perfectly for me, and it has for over a year
now.  I have a pair of PVR-250's (well, actually, a
PVR-250 and a PVR-350, but I don't use the TV-Out),
and I'm using my own universal remote control instead
of the Hauppauge one.  (This just means different
lircd.conf and .lircrc files, the principle behind it
is the same.)

This is my modprobe.conf (derived from Jarod's HOWTO):
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-6629
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv

install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install lirc_i2c
remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store
>/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r
--ignore-remove snd-emu10k1
alias scsi_hostadapter sata_sis
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
options snd-card-0 index=0
alias eth0 sis900

Check to make sure that you have /dev/lirc and
/dev/lircd, with proper permissions.

-- Joe