[mythtv-users] Lirc Mythtv and hauppauge pvr-250 on FC3

Derek Tattersall tatters at newsguy.com
Tue Apr 12 03:02:55 UTC 2005

Has anybody gotten this combintion working?

I downloaded and built the kernel, then downloaded and built lirc-0.7.0
and then followed the instructions in the mythtv-HOWTO. Everything
seemed to go well until I tried to put the required lines in the
modules.conf file. It eems that that file no longer exists under redhat
FC3. there is a modprobe.conf file, though the syntax is a little
different. Modprobe chokes on these lines:

add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

I don't think they are a problem though.

so anyway I do:

modprobe lirc_i2c
modprobe lirc_dev

then

lircd

I check the log files:
Apr 11 22:32:26 ninja kernel: ivtv: i2c attach [client=Hauppauge IR,ok]
Apr 11 22:32:26 ninja kernel: lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin:sample_rate: 10
Apr 11 22:34:07 ninja kernel: lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver
registered, at major 61

Then I start irw and start pressing buttons. Nothing happens. The remote
does work in windows, so it's not a hardware problem.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on where to look now?

Thanks

Derek Tattersall