[mythtv-users] Why 2 cards for PIP?

Kevin Saenz ksaenz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 23:22:12 UTC 2005

> > I was wondering why would I need more than 1 card to have PIP
> > capabilities especailly if my card under other oses is capable of
> > running PIP?
> >
> You need 2 tuners. Does your card have 2 tuners? If so, you may not
> need a second card. I say "may" because you still need to make it work
> with both tuners.

How would you tell if I have more than one tuner in the card? I know
that before I up graded my machine to the latest drivers and latest
version of mythtv I was capable of watching tv on 2 machines and
record a show. Now I can't the recent versions of drivers or mythtv
tells me that the card is in use.