[mythtv-users] PVR 500 static on both tuners

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 21:33:19 UTC 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 11:56 AM, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2005 12:47 PM, Garry Cook <garrycook at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How do I determine which card and tuner correspond to /dev/videoX?
> > Is there a command to verify this, or do I just assume the card
> > directly below the AGP slot is /dev/video0 and count down from there?
> > Searching the archives for IRQ sharing did not yield much. I tried
> > booting with 'noacpi', but this did not seem to help. Any tips on
> > forcing IRQs?
> >

> One way to try this is looking at your dmesg output and seeing which
> cards load.  They load for me in order.  0, 1, 2, 3
>
> The other way should be:
>
> ivtvctl -a -d /dev/video0 | more (then incrementing 1,2,3,x)... this
> will show you which card is being registered.  PVR-500s show up as two
> PVR-150s.
>
> Matt

Thanks Matt, that was very helpful. At this point I've upgraded my
BIOS, which may have helped. I can now manually change the IRQs in the
BIOS. However, two of them will continue to share one IRQ, I assume
these are the two 150s on the PVR500. However, I think that the issue
was caused by one of the tuner cards sharing an IRQ with my Nvidia
card, which I was able to move to a different IRQ.

So, now I have 4 tuners (on 3 cards) which all play audio and video.
However, /dev/video2 & 3 (PVR500) stretch the screen so I can only see
the left side. I made sure to set them to 720x480 capture, as per
Jarod's guide. However, when I run the command that you mention above
(ivtvctl -a -d /dev/videoX) each card shows that it is capturing at
480x480 (after a reboot).

Using 'ivtvctl -f ...' I set the cards back to capture at 720x480 and
it worked! All four tuners now show GOOD video and have audio as well.
Then I restarted Mythbackend, and was right back where I started. So,
it looks like this issue is almost solved (Thanks guys!). Now I just
need to know where to set the capture resolution in MythTV, I think...

--
Garry