[mythtv-users] DVB to DVD

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Mon Apr 11 21:07:55 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:16:52AM -0700, Eric Gilbert wrote:
> That was it, the new version produced absolutely in sync files that I
> have had no problems using with avidemux to convert to dvd's. I just
> went with the defaults and had no sync related issues.

Good!  I've found the latest version of Project X on my 2.6 GHz p4 to
be fast enough that I don't feel the need to experiment with avidemux.
There are some dlls for windows in the source to speed it up even more
and I had a brief play at compiling them for linux but gave up due to
lack of knowledge about java things.

> I did run into a weird issue where I ran out of java heap space ...
> but that is a question for another forum.

Yes Project X does use a lot of memory. 3-500 MB at times!

> Thanks again,

You are welcome!