[mythtv-users] Cable Co. QAM via pcHDTV HD3000 vs. STB andFirewire

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:21:06 UTC 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 8:18 AM, Marc Tousignant <drayson at net1plus.com> wrote:
> [...]

Well I'm still not having much luck tuning QAM channels.  so I tried
giving Comcast a call and asking for a Motorola 6200 with firewire
enabled.  It was if I was talking a different language.  The CSR
wanted to know what I wanted to hook up with it, I said my tv, and a
computer.  She said they didn't support usb connections yet.  I said I
know that, I want firewire, and that I could show here the FCC docs
where they have to provide it to me.  After putting me on hold she
came back and said that they don't have boxes with firewire enabled.
This sounds like BS to me as we are pretty close to Comcast's
headquarters, and are often a proving ground for new tech (on demand
and the comcast pvr box for example).

Anyone have any insight on how to deal with the cable co. to get a firewire box?

I know there is some talk in the archives about the FCC site with the
terms, but how do you communicate this to the cable co?

Thanks.