[mythtv-users] Cable Co. QAM via pcHDTV HD3000 vs. STB andFirewire

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Mon Apr 11 12:18:33 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Byron Poland
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 6:57 PM
To: sean darcy
Cc: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Cable Co. QAM via pcHDTV HD3000 vs. STB
andFirewire

--SNIP--

getting them into mythtv is another issue, as channel scanning didn't
work for me.  there is a tread about tuning QAM subchannels in the
archive that has some insight into that.  Also check out the pchdtv
forums.

Good luck.

Ya I started that thread.. You can read I here

If you read the whole thread you eventually find out that your cable company
is not providing the PSIP data for the channels. The channel scan in myth
uses this data to create the channels. You get a frequency lock but without
the PSIP data you myth can't tell there is a channel there. This is why you
get the frequencies in your scans but says it can not tune the channel or
timed out while tuning.

Marc