[mythtv-users] xorg file for nvidia TV-Out

BP lists at qucae.com
Sun Apr 10 23:19:55 UTC 2005

Kees van Bemmel wrote:
> Too bad that those only have one monitor attached. I've been looking
> for a decent working configuration with a vga monitor AND a tv monitor
> attached at the same time.
>
> Which brings me to another question:
> Would it be possible to have those 2 monitors output different
> resolutions at the same time?
>
> Thanks.

Have you checked out the Nvidia readme?  Check it out at
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-7174/README.txt .
You're probably interested in the parts about Twinview.  I believe you
can also run a different x server on the two displays.

The twinview stuff is fairly trivial to configure if you read the
documentation.

As an example, here's part of my config.  I am no longer using the
tvout, so things are commented.

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "NForce2"
    Driver      "nvidia"
#    Option     "NvAGP" "1"
#    Option     "TwinView"
#    Option     "TwinViewOrientation"   "Clone"
#    Option     "SecondMonitorHorizSync"        "30-50"
#    Option     "SecondMonitorVertRefresh"      "60"
#    Option     "MetaModes"     "1024x768,1024x768;800x600,800x600"

#    Option     "ConnectedMonitor"      "CRT,TV"
#    Option     "ConnectedMonitor"      "DFP"
#    Option     "FlatPanelProperties"   "Scaling = native"
#    Option     "TVStandard"    "NTSC-M"
#    Option     "TVOutFormat"   "SVIDEO"