[mythtv-users] Solar PC

David Kyle 4of11 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 17:12:36 UTC 2005

Thanks for the reply (and thanks to the two others).  Now that I look at
it more, the V10K w/ PVR350 looks like the way to go.

A few more questions, if you wouldn't mind:

Are you using the 2U case (w/ optical drive bay and 3PCI slots)?  Or the
small 1U?

Is the fan quiet enough to leave running constantly next to your TV?
That's my only concern with using the V10k, since it seems to need a fan.

Do you use the PVR-350's tv-out?  Are you able to have the GUI running
on that?  I've seen conflicting information as to if that is possible.

What kind of CPU usage do you get with Live TV?  Do you think a a
533/600/800 MHz fanless processor would be powerful enough?  That way I
could have zero moving parts (except the DVD drive), which is always
nice...  But if the fan is real quiet, then it doesn't really matter.

Thanks again.