[mythtv-users] Capture to DV or "uncompressed" AVI instead of MPEG-PS?

Gregg Casillo gcasillo at insightbb.com
Sat Apr 9 02:43:44 UTC 2005

I've tried this too. nuvexport fails to create any files. I run Gentoo, and I
think this is a known issue. Just tired of running down issues. Frankly,
avidemux hates me. Worked several months ago, but it's not doing what I need
it to do now.

I encode at a high bitrate, usually 10MBps. I do this to preserve what quality
there is from my digital cable, and so that I can requantify the video to fit
perfectly on a DVD5. Hate to waste space on blank DVDs, especially when it
means a little improvement in video quality.

We're having few issues at work, but lately at home, about 50% of my
recordings have been flaky. nuvexport complains. mplex complains about the
cuts I give it from avidemux. Something is fouled up.

Thanks to everyone who responded. If anyone can recommend a good bttv or cx88
capture card for recording to different formats from MPEG, please e-mail me.

Gregg