[mythtv-users] Second tuner audio problem.

Matt Gracie matt at roadflares.org
Sat Apr 9 01:10:15 UTC 2005

Michael J. Lynch wrote:
> Matt Gracie wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>> Yes... the /dev/video1 and /dev/vbi1 devices are set up with /dev/dsp1
>> as the audio component.
>>
> My guess is that /dev/dsp1 is not the device you think
> it is.  I have dual bt878 cards and my dsp devices are
>
>    dsp0=on board audio capture (line in)
>    dsp1=1st bt878 audio capture
>    dsp2=2nd bt878 audio capture
>
> It was unclear from your post if you have multiple audio
> cards or are using audio from your ATI cards.

The TV Wonder Pro uses the cx8800 module (and chipset), so
unfortunately, there's no btaudio equivalent. dsp and dsp1 are a matched
pair of Soundblaster Live OEM cards that I liberated from some junked
machines.

The mystery gets deeper, though. Despite the fact that I'm running udev
and getting the proper entries, and /proc/asound says that the second
Live card is ALSA card 1, and the fact that I can mix the card with
alsamixer -c 1, I'm still not getting audio in or out of it.

Is anyone else out there running a dual sound card setup with two tuners
and two patch cables? Especially on debian?

--Matt