[mythtv-users] Re: rcu810 remote lirc

cythrault at gmail.com cythrault at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:04:54 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 1:22 PM, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you either email me a copy of your lirc info regarding the rcu810,
> or post it to the mythtv list?  Any info you can provide on getting it
> working would be great too.  Thanks!

Wow. That's out of the blue. :)

Here's my config files. They both go into /etc. I softlink lircrc to
~mythtv/.lircrc. Mythtv is compiled with native lirc support so
there's no need to use irexec or irxevent.

[root at frontend mythtv]# ls -la ~mythtv/.lircrc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 11 fév 16 22:46 /home/mythtv/.lircrc -> /etc/lircrc

My remote is JP1 enabled but, at the moment, I did not take time to
try that feature. I use VCR2 with code 219.

These configuration files will probably not work with an RC5 IR
receiver (Hauppauge and other capture cards.)

There's probably a way to get this remote to transmit RC5 but I did
not take the time to investigate that point since I use an IR receiver
based on:

http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc/

Same hardware but built into a DB9/RJ45 instead.

Hope this help,
cyth