[mythtv-users] Suggestions

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:48:59 UTC 2005

> > 2. MythTV - Could a jumppoint be added to return the user back to the main
> > menu? Some of the menus are quite deeply nested and a jumppoint would be
> > handy!
>
> Isn't there already one?

This would be very nice to have, I very much agree with the original author.

> > 4. MythDVD - Whilst I do appreciate the work that went into this module, I'd
> > like quite to see a better integrated DVD solution. Matching OSDs, menus,
> > key-configs and behaviour. Has anyone looked at building a Myth based GUI for
> > the Xine-libs?
>
> Anything that uses xine-libs cannot be a plugin for Myth since they
> use incompatible versions of the same libraries.  A FAR better
> solution is for the Internal player to support DVD playback which is
> on my list of things to do.

Native DVD playback would be excellent!  Key bindings (though
currently adjustable) that are defaulting to the same feature (such as
'p' for pause in both live TV and DVD playback instead of spacebar in
DVD playback) would be very nice indeed.

Thanks for all the hard work!