[mythtv-users] DVB to DVD

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:20:03 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 2:08 AM, Nick Craig-Wood <nick at craig-wood.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 03:28:10PM -0500, Ian Trider wrote:
> > On Apr 2, 2005 7:23 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> > > Is there any way of converting a DVB MPEG stream to a DVD MPEG stream
> > > without reencoding and without losing the audio sync information from
> > > the PTS data in the original stream?
> [snip]
> > To keep the audio in sync, you are going to need software that is
> > simply not available in Linux.
> [snip]
>
> Project X which is written in Java and works fine in linux can
> a) resync audio and video properly.  It adds and drops audio frames
>    when demuxing to keep the sync.  In a typical recording it does
>    this at most a couple of times when errors occurr.
> b) deal with damaged MPEG (common from DVB source)
> c) edit to GOP precision (about 0.5s)
[snip]

I've been trying to use Project X with MPEG TS to "fix" my DVB
recordings for DVD buring from the HD3000, and to strip out the
extraneous streams, but the A/V Sync gets totally out of wack after 20
minutes or so on a noisy recording.  What settings are you using? I've
been able to keep sync with PVAInstumento on windows, but that really
isn't a longterm scriptable option.

Thanks,
Eric