[mythtv-users] Marriage of Email List and Forum, Can't we all just get along!!

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:23:21 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 10:10 AM, Vincent K. Britton <Vincent.Britton at wiznet.com>
wrote:

>  Please don't flame me! I just wanna help!
>
>  Some people like Lists, some like Forums. I have been looking for a
> marriage of both and I think I found it.
>
> I know this topic comes up from time to time, but have you looked at the
already existing unoffical forums? Maybe you could collaborate you efforts
to improve what we have now.

http://mythtvtalk.com/forum/
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/ - Knoppmyth specific, but still has good info.

I really don't think the MythTV community needs YASWBF (Yet Another Slow Web
Based Forum) to disseminate good info.

BTW, I still don't understand the fascination with forums. Is it the
avatars? The rankings? The hideous animated gifs and mini-movies? If so,
host them on your own bandwidth, and place a TEXT link in your TEXT
signature to them.

--
Josh