[mythtv-users] ProView PL576Ws monitor?

Comments comments at mecworks.com
Fri Apr 8 04:57:56 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I wanted to have a small monitor that I could use with my HTPC so I
could watch programs or configure the machine without using my projector.

So, I just picked up a ProView PL576Ws monitor from Staples for $229.00
USD.  Here's some stats:

                 DisplayType  	 	 	 LCD
		Diagonal Screen Size 			15.4"
		Maximum Resolution 			1280 x 800
		Image Contrast Ratio 			400:1
		Image Brightness 			250 cd/m2 (typ)
		On Screen Controls 			Brightness, Contrast ,H Position, V Position, H
Size, Phase, Color Select , Auto Adjustment, Reset, Language, Exit
		Input Signal 			RGB 15 pin D-Sub analog, H/V Separated (TTL),
composite sync, sync on screen
		Ports/Connectors 			15 pin mini D-sub, separate Sync, TTL Compatible,
AC 100-240 Volt 50/60Hz Adapter
		Speakers 			Two 2 Watt speakers
		Other features 			Widescreen
		Compatibility 			PC/MAC

It's a pretty cool little monitor but it does not do 720p at all.  My
projector does.  Now I am wondering what to do - keep it or take it
back.  If it was my only monitor, it would be great but my projector is
the 'main' monitor and this is a secondary so that I don't have to use
my projector when viewing content all the time.

I was thinking that I would hook up he projector to one output of my
card and this monitor to the other connector and not setup dual-head
support so that the same thing gets displayed on both monitors.  That
will not work obviously since the LCD monitor does not support native
720p and my projector does.

I think I'll be taking this monitor back regardless since it had three
dead pixels but weather or not I exchange or get a refund is still to be
determined...

So, I'm a bit confused as what I should do.  Is there a way that I can
have "profiles" set up for the different monitors or set each up as a
separate "head" and tell myth to display on one or the other depending
on which one I am viewing at the time...

If only it did 720p....

Anyone know of an LCD monitor in the $200 - $300 that is widescreen and
does 720p?  This is the only one that I have seen that comes close.

--
Marc Christensen
http://www.mecworks.com