[mythtv-users] slightly off topic universial remote

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Fri Apr 8 03:21:32 UTC 2005

David Blackwell wrote:
> First off if this has been discussed sorry, I looked, I didn't see it.
>
> I want to get a good universal learning remote.  I want to teach it my
> pvr-350 remote, my dvd remote, etc... I have seen some that claim to
> be learing but are either really bad or really really expensive.  I
> was wondering if anyone had a good recomendation for a universial
> remote.

i've had good success with my One For All ... it's the "Kameleon Remote"
.. (it's the blue one on the front page of there website at
http://www.ofausa.com) ... it even can be upgraded via phone if it
doesn't have the codes you need! :) ... it's also learning, so you can
setup additional stuff ... my favorite features are:

- "scripting" the power button, so i can power up my tv, surround sound
receiver, vcr, dvd player, etc, etc with one push of a button (or turn
them all off!) ...

- it has a "theatre mode" where the buttons control the most logical
things (ie: channel up/dn controls tv, numbers control tv, sound-related
buttons control receiver, etc) ... all configurable, of course ... i
believe the full manual is online, so it'll have more info than i can
remember ...

it ran about $89 at Best Buy when i got it last year ... probably has
come down in price since then ... didn't shop around, either

hth,
-g-