[mythtv-users] Eureka!!!!

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:58:11 UTC 2005

I finally got mythtv to work over s-video to my TV!!!!!!!!! Champagne for
everyone...on me!!!

After I overcame the nvidia driver issue, it was pretty much clear sailing
from there, since I had already installed mythtv once before on FC 2. Now, I
just have to clean up some loose ends, like LIRC, and automatic startup, and
I think I'm set.

The one annoying problem I have now is that /dev/video0 is not automatically
set up when I boot up. It seems that if I modprobe ivtv, that corrects it. I
assume I can just toss something out into /etc/profile.d to correct this,
but I'm not sure that's the best solution. I'm open to suggestions :)

Happy in VA