[mythtv-users] Re: Help. Please! No recording happening.

Scott Carlson scottcarlson at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 01:15:41 UTC 2005

> På Thursday 07 April 2005 16:36, skrev Roy Paulsen:
>> I've just experienced the same matter after upgrading to 0.17 last week.
>> Just can't get recording to work... (?)
>>
>> Not shure if there is something in the database causing this - I did not
>> drop/restore the database during the upgrade. Maybe I should have?

>Aaargh! Now I really feel stupid!

>I realized that I ran the initial setup as myth user 'tv' - not as root. Hence
>I did not get access to my card's video-inputs - they where never configured.
>This did not affect watching live TV, but recording would of course fail.

>And I didn't even notice it during setup... :-(

Ok.  My problem was not permission, like Roy.  It turned out that while trying
to clean up the DST problem, I ended up loosing the "Input Connection"  So it
didn't know what input connection to use to record my selected recordings.

I wonder if there is a good way to show that as an error, instead of just
letting it go.