[mythtv-users] Immediate Live TV freeze (myth 0.17, jarod's guide)

Andrew Bassett mythtv at bassettcorp.com
Thu Apr 7 21:28:35 UTC 2005

I had this problem a while ago on FC3, however, my solution was an
extremely dirty hack, you're welcome to try it though. I believe the
problem was that mythbackend was firing up before ivtv was loaded.

in /etc/rc.d/rc.local, put this:

/etc/init.d/mythbackend start
sleep 3
/etc/init.d/mythbackend stop

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 23:10 +0200, Kees van Bemmel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just when I thought I had everything working I shut down my pc. After
> a reboot I can't get Live TV to work anymore, even though it worked
> flawlessly before! All it does now is freeze after 1 second and the
> terminal syas Prebuffering Paus (only once). The strange thing is I
> don't see the OSD coming up, while before the first thing I saw was
> the OSD.
>
> Does anyone have similar issues?
Andrew Bassett
http://www.bassettcorp.com