[mythtv-users] cablecard

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 19:07:52 UTC 2005

That's $100,000 per submission.  And if you fail that
submission, well, the money is non-refundable.

You can fail for almost any reason (including
politics).

CableLabs extremely well run and organized?  I can't
go into details because of NDAs with my previous
employers, but let me tell you, they are far from well
run and organized.

Well, perhaps they are for the big players, but the
smaller cable modem companies that don't shell out the
money for certification every wave (for DOCSIS, that's
every quarter, at a cost close to the CableCard cert),
they treat you like crap.

Yes, I'm cynical...

-- Joe