[mythtv-users] Where is Jarod's guide to automatic shutdown and restart?

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Thu Apr 7 14:43:46 UTC 2005

> Who said anything about money? Did you ever hear of something called
> "Global Warming"?

Somehow I doubt all the MythTV users on the planet using WOL would have
any effect whatsoever on global warming, considering it's not even clear
at this point that human activity is causing it.

Regardless, electricity cost *is* an issue: I used to run 4 computers
(dual Opteron desktop, P4 Myth frontend/backend, K6-2 DMZ, and K6
firewall) full time and ran montly electric bills of >$100.  When I
shifted to two computers running full time (Athlon Myth backend, P4
combined firewall/DMZ), my electric bills dropped to $70 with no other
usage changes.  $30/month is not an insignificant amount of money.

Cheers,
Kyle