[mythtv-users] www.d1.com.au

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Thu Apr 7 13:04:13 UTC 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 14:38, dean collins wrote:
> Thanks Stef, I appreciate the heads up.
>
> Is there a central body managing compliance and 'infringements'
http://www.gnu.org/ : information about the GPL and other open source license
models
http://www.fsf.org/ : "company" behind the gnu foundation
http://www.softwarefreedom.org/ : law center created by the fsf director

I suggest we/you/I do the following: get in touch with that company.  Ask them
if they use mythtv code in their product.
If they do, ask them: if you buy a box of them, will you get the source under
the GPL license.
If they you can get the source, no problem.
If you can not get the source, we/you/I/a_lawer have to explain to them what
the GPL means and why they are violating the GPL license.

Stef